MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY DIPLOMA
Exceed in Laboratory Environments
A Taste of What You Will Experience Studying at ICAN
A 3 year full-time Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology program is where a student will learn the fundamentals of becoming a fully capable and professional medical laboratory technologist. ICAN offers extensive hands-on lab practice and practical training in various laboratory divisions such as Hematology, Medical Microbiology and Histopathology.
Students will learn how to handle biomedical equipment and manual method to perform laboratory testing on blood and other body fluids. Students will learn how to generate laboratory data needed to aid in the detection of diseases, infections and drug abuse. In addition, they will learn to set up equipment and keep track of stock and supplies in laboratories. Students will also be trained to work as a team with other healthcare providers.
- Accreditation Code: A 9817
- Approval Code: R2/725/4/0069: 11/2025
Year 1, 2 & 3
Graduates of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from ICAN College will have excellent career prospects in:
- Government/private hospitals and clinics
- Diagnostic and pathological laboratories
- Educational institutions (instructor/tutor)
- Clinical and medical research
- Medical equipment and device
- Sales & marketing (product
- Quality assurance officer in laboratories
- Health and safety consultancies
- Laboratory information centers
- Transplant and blood donor centers
- Biotechnology companies
- Fertility clinics
- Stem cells banks
- Insurance (medical underwriter/claims)
- Pharmaceutical companies
A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from ICAN College allows you a pathway to further your studies into domestic and international universities.
The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology offers opportunities for graduands to further their studies in:
The Articulation Agreement with Swinburne University allows pathways into Year 2 of any Degree programme as listed.
ICAN College welcomes International Student applications from various countries subject to similar qualifications from their home country with the Malaysian Certificate of Education (SPM) or O’ Level equivalent.