Study Pharmacy At ICAN College
Become an Expert in Medicine
Pharmacy is a branch of health sciences dealing with the preparation, dispensing and proper safe utilization of medicines. A pharmacist is a health professional who links health sciences with chemical sciences. He/she is charged with ensuring the safe and effective use of medication.
Pharmacists also provides advice to patients about medicines, including how to take them, what reactions may occur and answering patients’ questions.
A Taste of What You will Experience Studying at ICAN
3 years of Diploma in Pharmacy program will ensure students become fully capable to be professional pharmacist assistants or technicians. A wide range of pharmaceutical and therapeutic subjects will be covered throughout the 3 year period. The program also includes extensive hands-on lab practice and clinical attachment in hospitals.
Students will learn about medication dispensing practices, the art of patient counselling and how to work cohesively with other health care professionals. In addition, they will learn how to manage inventory of pharmaceutical drugs in hospitals and community pharmacies.
Graduates of Diploma in Pharmacy from ICAN College will have excellent career prospects in:
- Government / private hospitals and clinics
- Retail/ community pharmacies
- Educational/ research institutions
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Quality control laboratories
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Sales & marketing (product specialist)
A Diploma in Pharmacy from ICAN College gives you a pathway to further your studies in domestic and international universities.
The Pharmacy program offers opportunities for students to further their studies in:
- Bachelor in Pharmacy
- Bachelor in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor in Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Bachelor in Homeopathic Medical Science
- Scholarships and Incentive programs*
- PTPTN / Ukhwah & Loans available*
- Financial assistance from selected banks*
- Financial Counselling and Advisory Services.
* Terms & Conditions Apply
ICAN College welcomes International Student applications from various countries given that their qualifications are equivalent to the Malaysian standard of qualifications.
Whether you’re applying for the first time or you’re a transfer student taking the next step in your journey, we’re here for you every step of the way. Apply online to begin the next phase of your education!